Every year, millions of patients from around the globe flock to some of the best dental tourism destinations in order to receive five-star dental treatment at unbelievable low prices. One of the favorite destinations is Costa Rica.
This beautiful country is a great place for dental tourism. In the last few years, Costa Rica has become more than just an eco-tourism destination and has become a desirable place for many tourists looking to get medical and dental esthetic treatments such as dental implants and smile makeovers.
Costa Rica's dentists receive excellent training, they are certified by a national board association and a large percentage of the doctors have taken additional training at major schools in North America, Europe and South America and many of them speak English.
The facilities and professional staff that dentistry in Costa Rica offers at amazingly low prices and world class quality makes it a premier destination.
Why Costa Rica?
-The World Health Organization gives high marks to the quality of medical care in Costa Rica.
- Low cost of dental/medical procedures (Save up to 70%).
- Proximity to the USA and Canada (only 2:30 hours from Miami), many daily direct flights. You spend minimum time and money on travel.
- Dentists are qualified and skilled, and materials are approved by US agencies and usually imported from the United States.
- Costa Rica as a tourist destination (world´s top ecotourism destination). As your dental procedure doesn't take more than a day, you can easily combine this medical trip with some pleasure.
- Political and economic stability.
- Overall safety for visiting patients.
- Region with the most wildlife diversity in the world.
- Happiest country in the world. (The New Economics Foundation (NEF), Happy Planet Index, 2009).
- The best education system in the Latin America (World Economic Forum. The Global Competitiveness Report 2007-2008).
- Number one high technology exporter in Latin America. 5th in the world (World Economic Forum. Global Information Technology Report 2007-2008).
Other few reasons:
- Amazing national parks
- Stunning beaches
- Golf courses
- Fantastic fishing and other water sports
- Wonderful coffee
- A great welcome by Costa Ricans called the "ticos"
Costa Rica is home to a large colony of U.S. citizens, Canadians and Europeans who visited the country as tourists, but was enchanted with this land and decided to take up residence in this beautiful and hospitable country.