If you are missing all teeth you can replace them with:
A. IMPLANT SUPPORTED FULL ARCH PORCELAIN BRIDGE
With 6 to 8 dental implants in the upper jaw and 4 to 6 dental implants in the lower jaw.
B. IMPLANT SUPPORTED DENTURE OR OVERDENTURE
This is a type of denture secured by precision dental attachments (bars or balls).
Needs 2-3 dental implants in lower jaw. With an overdenture, you can remove the dentures every day to carry out cleaning.
An Implant-Supported Denture has the following benefits:
• Is more stable than a regular denture
• Enables the patient to speak more easily
• Is less worrisome to the patient because there is no concern that the denture may become loose or fall out of the mouth
• Allows the patient to eat more types of foods
• Feels more natural to the patient than a regular denture because the denture no longer covers the roof of the mouth
• Is a less expensive alternative relative to full fixed bridges.
C. FIXED HYBRID DENTURE
This is a prosthesis with characteristics similar to a complete denture, and has a metal base that is screwed to 5 or 6 dental implants in the upper jaw or 4 dental implants in the lower jaw. With this approach, only your dentist can remove the denture which is something that needs to be done periodically for cleaning and check out. The patient cannot remove it from his/her mouth.